The School Improvement Institute
The School Improvement Institute (SI2) is a network of Indiana schools committed to helping all K-12 students be successful in school and prepared for success as world-ready citizens. SI2 is an Indiana-approved Technical Assistance Partner (TAP).
The SI2 Approach
SI2 schools use a data-driven, step-by-step process to raise student achievement.
- A designated SI2 school team meets monthly
- Teams facilitate discussions with teachers, students and community members as they establish and implement their local vision, goals, root causes, and targeted interventions
- Discussions are guided by an interactive video conversation, and a set of monthly process documents
- Data is entered and stored in our online system customized for each school
- A one-button click produces your annual SIP in PDF format
Inspire Success provides all the materials you need for each step including data collection tools, discussion guides, scripted PowerPoint presentations, data reports, and more.
Plus, SI2 Director Tina Weisman provides monthly written feedback and is available for Zoom chat, email, and phone consultation.
"In large part, our success is due to our work with SI2."
Lanesville Community School Corporation
More than 300 Indiana schools have participated in SI2 since its inception 20 years ago.
of SI2 schools from 2010 to 2019 had IREAD pass rates at or above the state rate for the majority of years after their first year in SI2.
of SI2 schools had an attendance rate at or above the state average for the majority of years since starting SI2.
of SI2 schools were at or above Indiana’s PASS rate for ISTEP+ for the majority of years after their first year in SI2.